Monday, January 30, 2012

Frugal Home Series Part 5: Homemade Foaming Hand Soap

Frugal Home Series Part 5:  Homemade Foaming Hand Soap

Is it just me, or does it seem like washing your hands with foaming soap is easier than with regular liquid soap?  Pretty sure you're still supposed to scrub your hands to the tune of "Happy Birthday" regardless of which soap you use (I never do.  I know, awful), but I feel like I am more inclined to wash more thoroughly (or wash at all) if the soap of pre-foamed.  Call me crazy.

I hate paying extra for foaming soap, though.  Plus, I always find luxury soaps for cheap at places like TJ Maxx, Marshalls, and Home Goods, but they aren't foaming soaps.  Solution?  You guessed it!  Make your own!

Ingredients:
  • A few pumps of regular liquid soap
  • Water
  • Empty foaming soap dispenser
I madeover a Target $1 pump to look more shnazy over the summer, but you can use any one you have on hand.

  • First, pump enough soap into your dispenser to fill it about an inch high. 
  • Second, fill the rest with water. 
  • Put the cap on, give it a shake, and you are done!  It is that easy. 

I will say that you will need to shake it up from time to time, but to be able to fill it with soap we have on hand for free is worth the extra shake.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

designed with love by beautiful dawn designs