Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Bring it.

Forgive me for my, yet again, total blog fail.  School has started back up and it's taking over my life.  That and I have been falling asleep at 8pm with voices of middle schoolers dancing in my head. 
No, but seriously.  Love it.
Sucks the life out of me!

I was on facebook the other day- yep, stalking away- and ran across a post by the husband of one of the girls in my college bible study.  It said, "If the Lord is pleased to bring disaster and distress upon us so that his people may know he answers prayer, we are willing.  If God cannot be trusted in the fire, then he cannot be trusted at all.  He only afflicts in faithfulness".

I read it a few days ago and I can't get it out of my head.  I wish I had that attitude.  So many times I pity myself for any and all affliction we experience.  Even on good days, I think, "Well, God will take care of it."  Well, what if that's not what he wants?  I mean, of course Jesus loves me.  He will take care of us.  We will never have to endure something we are unable to survive.  But really, it's not so much about God taking care of me, but more about Him being glorified.  I think being "willing" would be easier if we knew that people would see Christ's glory in our lives.  But, in the end, I figured out that's pretty selfish and self-serving.  It doesn't really matter if they see it or not-the point is that we serve a righteous God that deserves our trust and faithfulness.  He will take care of the rest.  God doesn't need me to glorified anyway.

Philipians 2:5-11

In your relationships with one another, have the same mindset as Christ Jesus: Who, being in very nature God, did not consider equality with God something to be used to his own advantage; rather, he made himself nothing by taking the very nature of a servant, being made in human likeness. And being found in appearance as a man, he humbled himself by becoming obedient to death— even death on a cross!
Therefore God exalted him to the highest place and gave him the name that is above every name, that at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, in heaven and on earth and under the earth, and every tongue acknowledge that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father.

If God's glory means there has to be toils and trials, tears and frustration, the mindset of Christ, then- dare I say it- bring it.

1 comments:

  1. Thanks for this encouragement. I really needed to hear it today! :)

    ReplyDelete

designed with love by beautiful dawn designs